Philosophy & Pranayama
Philosophy + Pranayama for Yoga Teachers dives more deeply into philosophy and breath. In this 25 hour Summer training, we will closely examine The Bhagavad-Gita, one of yoga’s greatest discourses on Vedic wisdom. Chapter by chapter, you will see nhow this text unfolds to create a great work in consciousness development.
Learn how to weave this knowledge into your teaching practice and your everyday life and relationships.
Did you know there are over 108 types of breath practice in the tradition? We will explore both ancient and contemporary science-based breath techniques and their impacts on the human nervous system.
We love to have a mix of embodied practice and deep contemplation and this training will skillfully and pleasurably knit breath, body and mind together.
- In-depth study of The Bhagavad-Gita, considered the nectar of self- knowledge
- Deeper philosophical discussions and comparing translations
- Pranayama techniques both basic and for further development
- Deeper understanding of the effect of Pranayama
- Types of pranayama and how to facilitate teaching.
$550 + 5% GST
Includes Tuition & Manual
For Dates, Times and Location of the Next Training:
September 20 – 23, 2024 at Heights Yoga & Wellness
200 hour yoga teacher training is not a prerequisite. But prior knowledge of pranayama is helpful.
Teacher: Niki inglis, M Ed, M Arch, ERYT 500 YACEP & Lucy St John M Ed, ERYT-1000, YACEP 5pm