Yin yoga teacher training will change how you feel about slowing down and all other yoga practices.
This 50 hour foundational program will immerse you in all things yin, the slower, cooler side of Yang.
From the Daoist history and philosophy, practical meridian theory, anatomy that is inclusive of all body types and learning at least three variations of each yin pose. You’ll get a full education in the type of breath for yin, types of cueing styles, yin for pregnancy, introduction to meditation and holding space and many guided styles of yin classes used in this quiet practice.
The awareness that you will cultivate from this style of yoga, will inform any other types of yoga & meditation practices that you currently do. Yin is an exercise that will reveal how to find your center among the busyness of life.
- The origins and philosophy of Yin/Yang
- How to apply skeletal variation anatomy to yourself and students
- How to use props like you’ve never used them before
- How and what are the key joints, bones & fascial tissues that are affected by yin poses
- Benefits of yin style physically, emotionally, mentally & spiritually.
- Identify & respect what is preventing you from moving further
- Breath & meditation techniques for yin
- Sample routines to use in your personal yin practice or teaching others
- Class structure and sequencing for yin or yin fusion classes
- Atmosphere of a yin class – pace, vocabulary, voice, and music
- How to support students with various needs
- Practicum for those interested in teaching
$1300 +5% GST
NOTE** The YYoga Yin training is not included on our Intensive pricing. The YYoga Yin Training module is $1300 +tax through their website and includes a class pass
Includes Tuition & Robust Manual. YYoga training includes a class pass
For Dates, Times and Location of the Next Training: Two weekends in April 12-14 & April 26-28, 2024 @YYoga Downtown
200 hour yoga teacher training is not a prerequisite however it is very useful.
Teacher: Lucy St John, M Ed, C-IAYT, ERYT-500, YACEP