Our 25 hour Yoga Nidra training will be focused on the system behind the powerful practice known as, psychic sleep. We explore the underlying principles of Yoga Nidra and how a state of meditative consciousness puts your body and mind at ease.
We will explore the five brainwave states, sample scripts, the types of pranayama for yoga nidra and, yogic philosophy.
We will explore the purpose of these techniques in both an intellectual and theoretical way, and solidify the concepts by engaging in the applied practice.
The experience of led practice will demonstrate the great healing properties and further understanding.
Shankara will offer supported practice time in small groups with feedback to gain comfort with the skill of teaching the practice of Yoga Nidra.
- Learn the physiological basis for the practice
- Create components and structure for classes
- Understand delivery methodology and set-up
- The importance of Sankalpa or intention setting principles
- Explore the philosophical basis of how deep meditative practice such as Yoga Nidra fit within the system of Yogic Principles, and why this practices can be so deeply healing
$550 + 5% GST
Includes Tuition & Manual
For Dates of the Next Training:
Weekday evenings in 2024
Times: TBA 5:30pm-9pm
Location: Heights Yoga & Wellness in Burnaby
200 hour yoga teacher training is not a prerequisite
Teacher: Tanya Harmon, RYT-500, GSY-2
Pay here via e-transfer