200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
200 hr Yoga Teacher Training Yoga Alliance Certification
Transform your life through the ancient teachings of Yoga.
We are an inclusive and student-centered community. We are rooted in the tradition with a progressive teaching style.
200 hr Yoga Teacher Training online and in-person Spring, Summer and Fall semesters
Our next training: Spring semester – April 26 – June 21, 2024
Weekends: Saturday & Sundays 9am – 5pm in person (except a few Sunday mornings online) Weeknights: Fridays 6pm-9pm online
Location to be determined, BC, Canada
As a team, we have over 60 years’ experience teaching yoga, both in studios and in trainings
- multi-lineage with an emphasis on foundational concepts
- trauma-informed (within our scope)
- culturally appreciative
- embodied & experiential
- social justice-minded (a portion of your fees goes to a non-profit in India to support the Vedic pandits
Lucy St John
Anoo Kartika Mammen
$100 registration fee is non-refundable.
- Up to two weeks prior to training, any payments (except the $100 non-refundable deposit) will be fully refunded.
- If you withdraw within two weeks prior to training start date, we will refund all but $500 (which includes the registration fee)
- If you leave part way through training, you will need to pay 75% of the training fee.
- If you leave after the halfway mark in training, no refunds will be issued.
*Exceptions may be made, at the discretion of the school.
Both Intensive and Modular options are available – in other words students can complete the full program or pick and choose the modules as is convenient. However, you save approx. $1500 by doing the Intensive Program each month, which you can start at any time. If you cannot attend the consecutive intensive training, there will be a $100 change fee to attend the next one.
All of our programs are Yoga Alliance registered. You will receive a complete Yoga Alliance 300 hour certification upon completion. And all modules qualify for YACEP hours separately.
- $100 administrative fee
- a completed registration form
- an interview with one of our team
- minimum age is 17 with a parent/guardian’s signature
*The full 300 hour program requires the completion of a 200 hour yoga teacher training program with either Whole Body Paradigm School of Yoga or an approved school.
Individual modules do not require a 200 hour yoga teacher training certification but it is recommended.
If you cannot attend some days in the schedule, you are still required to fulfill those hours in one of three ways. You can attend the subsequent module in the future with a $100 change fee. You can make up the time in a private session at a reduced teacher’s fee of $75/hour. There may be some curriculum that can be viewed in the live recorded sessions in which you will answer questions after at a $25/session fee for administrative time and marking.
Scholarships and bursaries are available if we have enough students in training. Payment plans are available. Request our application form firstname.lastname@example.org
Required reading varies for each module. You will receive an email in advance with suggestions. All modules come with a manual or handout.
Yes, this is a Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Training and the modules can be used for continuing education credits called YACEP
We keep our training cohorts small – usually around 6-16 students.
We do not lecture or sit for long periods of time. We believe in an equity-based classroom. We are trained with Masters in Education & Pedagogy for a more embodied and creative learning environment.
We are actively working to decolonize yoga and create inclusive and trauma-informed spaces. We are LGBTQ-friendly, pro-diversity in body, mind and ability.
Yes, we have further Mentorship opportunities to keep you growing both as a teacher and a student. Some students come as assistants in further training. Some students want to delve into a certain area with a certain teacher. We have 5 & 10 session packages for personal mentorship.
Sometimes when we partner with a studio, you will receive a pass for their regular classes. Often, we will give free classes and workshops or updated .pdf manuals to graduates. We are building a video recorded library of programming for your viewing.
We care deeply about the participants and the program so we take care to make sure you are ready for this transformation.
If you have more questions, email us. We can set up a time to talk or email you the relevant information.
STORIES FROM OUR COMMUNITY
Tuition $3500 + 5% GST ($175) CDN
Scholarships available $250 – $1000 off
Weekend program: Spring Program April 26 – June 21, 2024
8 Weekends: Friday eve, Saturdays & Sundays 10am -6pm in person / Wednesdays are Asynchronous (online pre-recorded videos, readings and homework) 6pm-9pm
Our Spring Program location to be determined, Vancouver, BC, Canada
See FAQ for the refund policy | Contact us for payment plan options and scholarships.
- Step one: Register (button below)
- Step two: Pay your deposit
We have limited spots as we like to keep our trainings small | Secure your spot with a non-refundable deposit $500.
Get access to training that's not offered in other yoga trainings
Over 20+ years experience
Led 40+ trainings
Over 300 training graduates since 2015
History of Yoga
- 5000 years
- How we arrived here
- Significant moments in history
- Female yoginins
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Kleshas / Koshas / Mahabhutas
- The Bhagavad-Gita
- Samkya & Tantric tradtions
- How the muscles and fascia relate to Asanas
- Diaphragm and Breathing
- The Nervous System and Yoga
- Injuries & scope of practice
- Common misconceptions
- How to develop a personal practice
- Intro to types
Business of Yoga
- Your authentic teaching style
- Introduction to Branding & Marketing
- CV tips & confidence
- Sequencing & Theming
- Class Structure
- Qualities of a great teacher
- Cueing techniques
Asana & Alignment
- 3 Variations for every asana
- Modifications for pregnancy, injury & skeletal variation
- Understanding the purpose of Asana
- Understanding Major joint movements
- Pranayama – breath techniques & purpose
- Pratyahara – focus techniques & mudras
- Dharana – concentration techniques
- Samadhi – unity consciousness
- Yamas & niyamas – Ethical observances
- Boundaries for teachers and students
- Spiritual bypassing & Gaslighting
- Cultural Appreciation vs appropriation
- Chakras & the subtle body
- Yoga nidra
- Associated Asanas & Pranayamas